The NJTP is going to be participating in USTA Junior Team Tennis! This exciting program gives students the ability to compete as a team against other clubs in the San Fernando Valley area, such as Braemar Country Club, Toluca Lake Tennis Club, Serve It Up Northridge and others. This provides students the opportunity for consistent but fair competition against other tennis players. Junior Team Tennis matches are USTA sanctioned events and give players the opportunity to earn ranking points.
We need players to sign up now!
The divisions we are planning to create are as follows:
- 10 and Under, Orange Ball, 60′ Court
- 10 and Under, Green Dot Ball, 72′ Court
- 14 and Under, Yellow Ball, 72′ Court
Each division could potentially have up to three skill levels (novice, intermediate, advanced) depending on the number of players. Here’s some more information about the team tennis format:
- Each team must consist of a minimum of 6 players.
- The competition will begin in March.
- Match play will take place on Sundays at approximately 1:00pm (exact schedule to be determined).
- Some matches will be played here at El Cariso Park, and others will be played at other local clubs.
- The season will potentially run between 6 and 8 weeks, or longer if we go to playoffs!
- The cost will be kept to a minimum, just so we can cover registration, uniforms, tennis balls and one team practice per week. More details will be posted soon.
We need to create teams this week! So please reply as soon as possible if you are interested. Contact Coach Rudy at (818)404-4911, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents who can act as assistant coaches and/or chaperones, please contact Coach Rudy as well. Thank you and we hope you’ll join the team!