NJTP offers group tennis classes for junior players of all levels—beginner, intermediate and advanced. We also offer adult classes for beginners and intermediate players.
Group lessons are a key part of our Pathway to Success for junior players, and we feel that every tennis student should participate in group lessons at least once or twice per week, if not more.
Why Group Lessons?
In order to keep kids engaged and interested in learning tennis, it needs to be fun! Our group lessons fill that need by providing an important social aspect to tennis. Group lessons allow kids to play with their friends and make new friends, while getting exercise and developing their tennis skills.
What are NJTP’s Tennis Classes Like?
Our group tennis lessons combine a number of important elements:
- Fitness—A portion of each class is spent warming up and doing strength-building exercises targeted toward tennis.
- Technique—Coaches watch each student and give instruction and correction on proper tennis technique.
- Drills—We use many types of different competitive and cooperative drills to reinforce proper technique, shot selection, targeting and other aspects of the game.
- Game Play—Students play a great variety of different games that focus on different shots or strategies.
- Match Play—We play full sets, sometimes with modified rules that help students work on different aspects of their game.
Class Levels and Pricing
Our “pee wee” and novice-level classes are designed for kids who have never had any tennis instruction before.
For classes at the beginner, intermediate and advanced levels, students are required to undergo a short evaluation of their level of play, so that they can be assigned to the proper class.
Family discounts are available, and discounts are also given for families who participate in fundraisers.
There is a $25 one-time registration fee for all new students. We will provide each new student with an appropriate racquet and tennis balls.